Hey girls & boys, what’s up nowadays? Hope you’re healthy and beautiful as usual.
Today let’s talk about something that may be a little serious: COVID-19.
Since the novel coronavirus 2019 broke out globally, TTDeye has been paid sustained attention to the development of the epidemic. In this difficult time, the health and safety of you and our employees are always the priorities we concern.
And these are the most frequent questions we receive from you recently: can I wear colored contacts in spite of the epidemic? How could I protect myself from COVID-19 while wearing contact lenses? Is it safer to wear glasses than contact lenses?
To answer these questions, the first we want to emphasize is: DO NOT PANIC, BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT EITHER. So here’s the good news: yes, you can wear colored contacts safely following these instructions:
1. Frequent and proper hand washing. Always wash your hands carefully and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before handling contact lenses, no matter to put them in, take them out or clean them with solution. After washing your hands, don’t forget to dry them with unused paper towels.
2. Don’t touch your face with unwashed hands. Including eyes, nose and mouth, especially while you’re handling your contacts or when you’re outside.
3. Disinfect contact lenses regularly. Remember to do it with professional disinfectant solution and washed hands.
4. Never exchange or use others’ contacts! Even if they seem healthy, the contacts can spread germs that cause inflammation and viruses that haven’t been inspected.
5. Stop using contact lenses if sick. Like recommendations for other types of illness, when you feel ill with cold or flu-like symptoms, please stop wearing contact lens.
6. Glasses are not safer than contacts. There is no scientific evidence that wearing glasses provides protection against COVID-19 or other viral transmissions.
Besides the good hygiene of wearing contact lenses, there’s more we’d like to talk with you: the basic protective measures against the new coronavirus, according to World Health Organization (WHO).
1. Wash your hands frequently with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water, because they can kill viruses that may be on your hands.
2. Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) social distance, especially when someone is coughing or sneezing. Because the small liquid droplets they spray may contain virus, and if you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets.
3. Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with your bent elbow, tissue or mask, dispose of the used tissue to a closed bin immediately.
4. Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early. Tell your doctor of any recent travel or contact with travelers.
5. Avoid travelling to areas where COVID-19 is spreading. If you have to, take care of yourself with these protective measures.
Another question that you concern most is when to use a mask. These are our suggestions:
1. Wear a mask when you’re not allowed to maintain 1 meter (3 feet) social distance. For example, in a metro, subway, bus, train, plane and other transport vehicles.
2. Wear a mask when you are coughing and sneezing.
3. Wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with suspected 2019-nCoV infection.
4. Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
5. If you wear a mask, you must know how to use it and dispose it properly. These are instructions of WHO about how to use a mask:
1. Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
2. Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
3. Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
4. Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
5. To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Above video and instructions about how to use a mask are quoted from World Health Organization (WHO).
Don't worry about the face mask would obstruct your trendy makeup. The key point is to emphasize your beautiful eyes with our colored contact lenses. Clik here to check the lastest mask style of our friends on Instagram!
We always care about the safety and health of our community, and also our employees. Here’s TTDeye’s employee care under the epidemic of COVID-19:
1. Work at home. While the new coronavirus were spreading in our working cities, we chose to letting our employees work at home to avoid the risks of getting infected.
2. Provide a safe workplace. When the epidemic goes stable, we get our workplace ready for work with following measures: distribute face masks everyday, track the body temperature of every employee, disinfect the surfaces and objects regularly, provide hot water and hand sanitizer, promote employees wash their hands frequently and thoroughly, etc.
3. Reimbursement medical costs. For those employees who feel unwell, TTDeye send them to hospital reimbursing their expenses, as well as count this time off as sick leave.
Fortunately, with our constant effort, none of our employees has been infected by the new coronavirus, that’s why we could keep a stable supply during this crisis. It was a huge challenge for us, but with all your support and love, we made it.
No matter where you are, in area where COVID-19 is spreading, or where there’s no reported confirmed case of this disease, we hope you could protect yourself with the mentioned measures and the suggestions of the local public health authority. Don’t be afraid, the novel coronavirus is not that horrible, with all of our efforts, we will defeat it and welcome the dawn of a big victory. When that moment comes, wish you smile with the most stunning and powerful eyes.
Let’s fight COVID-19 shoulder to shoulder, side by side, until the day we win together!
Remember, TTDeye is always here with you. ❤
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Yes! All of them are available with prescription. If you have normal eyesight or you simply need a decoration, choose 0.00 / Plano.
Consult your eye doctor to confirm the diopter counts before ordering.
In addition, if you are under 18, please wear the lenses under an expert's guidance.
Cylinder Range: from 0.00 to -3.00
Recommended Power = Sphere + Cylinder/2
For example, if your Sphere (SPH) is -6.00, and your Cylinder (CYL) is -1.00, the power would suite you better will be -6.50. If you cannot find the exact power, please choose the one slightly smaller than the calculated result.
Cylinder beyond the range above, unavailable yet.
Step 1: Take the lens out from the packet gently after washing and drying your hands.Then make sure you are holding the correct side of the lens. (P.S. Please soak the lens in fresh contact lens solution for at least 6 hours before first-time use.)
Step 2: Hold up your upper eyelid and pull down your lower lid,then use the index finger to gently place the lens.
Step 3: Look up and down, left and right after putting the lens in so that it will settle into place, then close your eye in a while.
Step 4: Do again for the other eye through simple steps!
Step 1: Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before touching your eyes.
Step 2: Use your clean hand to gently pull down your lower eyelid, then pull up your upper eyelid.
Step 3: Using your index finger and thumb to pinch the lens gently.
Step 4: Look up and slide the lens down gently so that the lens will be kept in your eye, then pinch it off onto finger. Do it again for the other eye.
First of all, please do rub the lens with solution even if you are using a "no-rub" product.
Step 1: Clean
Wash you hands with soap and use multipurpose contact lens solution to clean your finger which will handle the lens.
Step 2: Rub
Apply at least three drops of contact lens solution on each side of the lens and softly rub the lens 10 seconds per lens side.
Step 3: Rinse
Rinse each side of the lens for 5 seconds to remove the loosened debris.
Step 4: Disinfect
Place the lens in your clean lens case or lens holder and fill with fresh solution. Soak for at least 4 hours.
1. Use fresh care solution each time and discard solution from lens case after each use.
2. Remember to change solution regularly if you do not wear the lens often.
3. Rinse and scrub your lens every 2-3 days to prevent protein precipitation effectively.
4. Keep the lens away from sharp objects because the lenses are very thin and vulnerable.
5. Contact lenses are not one size fits all, please check with your Eye Care specialist to make sure whether the parameters are suitable for your eyes before purchasing.